Check out @Papa_Keith’s Tweet:
Timeless Music Vol. 5 Ready 2 Hit the streets #tmlss #TM5 @papa_keith @shiftatimeless
@Papa_Keith @Shifta_Timeless Timeless Music 5 #TMLSS #TM5 #DoYouWanna
We show you how to do this son - JayZ #TMLSS #TM5 #DoYouWanna @Shifta_Timeless
If you work with video, it’s vital to understand how codecs work and how they change your image. In this tutorial, I over all of the big concepts behind codecs, breaking it down into understandable pieces. While the nitty-gritty of compression algorithms can get complicated, all of the main ideas are quite simple.
Here’s an overview of the topics covered:
- What a codec is - And how it differs from a container.
- Different types of codecs - And why I frequently use 4 different codecs on a single project.
- Bit Depth - What it means and why it matters.
- Chroma Subsampling - 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0, and when it becomes an issue.
- Spatial Compression and Blocking - One of the most common artefacts you see with normal work.
- Temporal Compression - Long-GOP codecs, inter-frame compression, and ALL-I codecs.
- Lossless vs. Lossy compression - How image compression differs from data compression.
- Bit Rate - How to calculate bit rates and the differences between kbps/kBps/Mbps/MBps.
- Raw - Briefly, the difference between Raw, compressed, and uncompressed video.
Take a look at the companion post on Philipbloom.net as well!
On April 24, 2014, Tesla unveiled their first Supercharger station in the state of New Jersey, and their 100th worldwide, located at DDR’s Hamilton Marketplace. Learn more about this prime shopping center here: bit.ly/DDR-Hamilton-Marketplace